Cardboard Boat Race
Event InfoWhere: South Side of the river, near the Walking Bridge
When: Racing 1:00pm to end, Saturday
FREE TO ENTER
Pre-registration to be submitted to WAMBO Cardboard Boat Race
This new event has been sponsored by Home Hardware Wallaceburg. CKXS FM 99.1 has taken the challenge to Captain the WAMBO promo boat. Imagine your favourite local radio celebrity(s), (to be announced), heading into open waters, surrounded by antique boats that hover around them, as people point and cheer for them to sink.
Heats are run in twos, any boats remaining at the end that wish to put their boats back in the water, may do so, as long as they are cleared out prior to the boat parade.
Online registered boat builders will receive a discount on duct tape at Home Hardware Wallaceburg
- Pre-register by 11:59pm on July 31st, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including name(s), phone number and an emergency contact. Please note: No registrations after cut off date will be accepted.
- Your boat and propulsion systems such as a water wheel, sail, paddles, etc. is acceptable as long as it is made of cardboard and duct tape and may have a flag. For environmental and safety reasons there is no metal, wood, air pumps, egg beaters, plastic or motors.
- All crew members must wear and provide their own P.F.D. that are properly fitted (approved by Transport Canada). Example: Water Wings and Noodles are not approved.
- Boat to be removed from water after event and placed in disposal area.
- No kayak style boats. The boat must be an open style concept for safety.
- Maximum crew aboard the boat is 2 people, no animals or children. All crew members must be 18 years of age and older and are to sign a registration and waiver on day of event.
- Footwear such as running shoes, sandals, water shoes, etc are required by boat crew. Absolutely no Flip Flops.
- We encourage imagination in the construction of the boat and costume wearing.
- We need all boats on location no later than 11:00am (prefer all boats there by 9:00am) so the boats can be displayed, numbered and tagged with float markers. Participants in the boat races are requested back on site by 12:15pm for registration, equipment check and getting boats lined up for the race.
- Most of all have fun!
- A safety rope and marker buoy will be attached to each boat during the race for retrieval.
Once again, Boats/Paddles are cardboard, duct/duck tape and a flag only!
A safety rope and marker buoy will be attached to each boat during the race for retrieval.